Feeling inadequate, like you aren't getting the blog traffic you KNOW you deserve? I mean after all - you are the funniest, most charming, insightful and ever-changing blogger out there! These quick changes/additions can boost your blogging ego - which can lead to better content! - or encourage Browsers to pitch a tent and soak up every juicy word you write!
I found some great websites ladies & gents! And would I be the ELLE that you all know and love if I hoarded such fantastic secrets? It's time to PIMP YOUR BLOG if you haven't already.
Just doing my job!
Widgets are the small boxes on the right or left column of your blog that you drag & drop when editing, and can range from your profile info, to slideshows, to a list of followers etc.
I was Google-ing (a favorite past time of mine)widgets and my personal favorites would have to include:
1. Top Commenters - Newly Added to the blog of "yours truly" and I feel as if this widget really gives back to the community, it's all about the people after all! HAH Just kidding - It lists the top commenters overall of your blog. A little pat on the tush for those e-friends who have commented on even the most boring and pathetic posts you have decided to write. Give back! Use this widget!
2. Top Commented Posts - Another widget, similar to the little widgie listed above, however it gives you the opportunity to say to the blog community, "Ooooh This my Shit, This my Shit! This stuff is the talk of the town". That way if you lose your 'edge' like some One hit Wonder - people will still remember your awesome post.
3. Label Clouds - Keywords/Tags/Labels, the words you list in the text area below your post to "stereotype" your post and assign it its' "table at lunch" - if you will - is a great opportunity to let bloggers BROWSE your blog. I have a widget like this, however it is listed in alphabetical order. Installing this widget would list your labels in paragraph form in different sizes for a more abstract look! Instructions for installation are included at the link provided.
4. Baby Countdown - For all you Mommy's to be, this Widget is a countdown to your due date. (However I find the widget to be a little graphically invasive, it is a floating fetus in a womb). Um, moving on!
5. Music Player - Very minimal, not tacky at all! I highly reccomend if you are looking to provide a soundtrack to your life!
Look out for "The Power of a Quickie: Blogger Editions" that I will post for your enjoyment. A pretty blog community is a HAPPY blog community.